When my older daughter was 10 (I’m guessing), she said, “Mommy, I have something to ask you. I want you to tell me the truth.” Okay. “Is there any such thing as Santa Claus?” I answered her truthfully. Her response, “You’re lying.” Once again I am faced with a child and the reality of Santa. But the difference is that this child, Isabella, still believes in Santa. She’s 13. She needs to be told. Many children with learning challenges are exceptionally gullible. Often adults need to step in to set things right. No parent wants to see her child being taken advantage of. It really stings. So one day in the car recently Isabella mentioned something about Santa. I just came out and told her. She took it well. She didn’t say that I was lying. A few days later she mentioned Santa again. I reminded her about the truth. Yes, she remembered our conversation, but she was worried. Would she still receive presents under the tree if there was no Santa. Ah, perhaps the reason why some children believe for so long. Now that’s thinking!
- Athletic Endeavors Behavior & Learning Camp Family Food Freindships Genetics Gluten-free Growing Up Happiness Hygiene independence Language Learning Letting Go Parenting Recipes School Self-Confidence Set Backs Sibings Socializing Special Needs Support for parents Testing The future Traveling Treatments Uncategorized What other people say
Find it now!
Tag, You’re It!ADHD ADLs away from home baking behavior bike riding birthdays careers ceremonies dancing disappointment drinking family fashion Feingold Association Food friendships Gluten-free hair Halloween independence it takes a village junk food karma learning disabilities learning style listening mother on the edge nutrition relationships restaurants Santa School singing sisters Special Needs success swimming Temple Grandin Testing therapies twins visual learner
- @kathieswift the RDN who encouraged me and so may others to look at nutrition & health with a different lens.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @hercannalife: TODAY in #WashingtonDC! 6/9 #SoulSunday - Feed Your Soul. Meet 3 #cannabis & #CBD book authors @alizasherman @The1Shira @… 1 month ago
- RT @HoneysuckleMag: .@deltaflora recently launched at @KearnyPoint ahead of NJ's #MedicalCannabis Act. Featuring speakers like @WandaLJames… 1 month ago
- RT @ozy: The story of @lauralagano, the nutritionist emerging as the face of #CBD ozy.com/rising-stars/s… 1 month ago
- RT @eatrightFNCE: Explore the world of #CBD from the science to the shelf in this #FNCE session with @lauralagano @MrCook_It. Speakers will… 1 month ago
- I'll be speaking @eatrightFNCE If you’ve been wondering how to integrate #CBD come join me for “CBD Is Everywhere!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @holisticannabis: Had the pleasure of speaking with Leonard Marshall of the #NYGiants at the #CWCBExpo last week! #cannabis #mmot https:… 3 years ago
- So excited to hear about the talk! twitter.com/holisticannabi… 3 years ago
- RT @holisticannabis: In the past 14 years, the number of #medicalmarijuana patients in the U.S. has grown from 30,000 to 2.5 million. - @wo… 3 years ago
- N.J.'s newest medicinal marijuana dispensary offers patients another option s.nj.com/kyqq18C via @njdotcom 4 years ago