My mother had a talent that few possess today. She could find a meal — a delicious meal — in anyone’s kitchen. This included the kitchen’s of owners who proclaimed, “There’s nothing to eat for dinner.” This trait is termed resourcefulness and probably extended to other areas of her life. She certainly used it as a New York City school teacher with limited resources. Sorta like Maria in The Sound of Music without the use of curtain fabric for clothing. Children with special needs do this everyday, all day. Without all the requisite skills for a task, these children figure out how to get the job done. As adults watching them struggle, we need to suppress the urge to reach out and help. Learning by doing. Learning by failing. Learning through experience. Now that’s learning. The end product may not be conventional but we’ve learned something, probably a lot more, along the way. And it’s so much sweeter.
- Athletic Endeavors Behavior & Learning Camp Family Food Freindships Genetics Gluten-free Growing Up Happiness Hygiene independence Language Learning Letting Go Parenting Recipes School Self-Confidence Set Backs Sibings Socializing Special Needs Support for parents Testing The future Traveling Treatments Uncategorized What other people say
Find it now!
Tag, You’re It!ADHD ADLs away from home baking behavior bike riding birthdays careers ceremonies dancing disappointment drinking family fashion Feingold Association Food friendships Gluten-free hair Halloween independence it takes a village junk food karma learning disabilities learning style listening mother on the edge nutrition relationships restaurants Santa School singing sisters Special Needs success swimming Temple Grandin Testing therapies twins visual learner
- RT @holisticannabis: Had the pleasure of speaking with Leonard Marshall of the #NYGiants at the #CWCBExpo last week! #cannabis #mmot https:… 2 years ago
- So excited to hear about the talk! twitter.com/holisticannabi… 3 years ago
- RT @holisticannabis: In the past 14 years, the number of #medicalmarijuana patients in the U.S. has grown from 30,000 to 2.5 million. - @wo… 3 years ago
- N.J.'s newest medicinal marijuana dispensary offers patients another option s.nj.com/kyqq18C via @njdotcom 3 years ago
- #HolisticCannabis founders @lauralagano @donnashields so honored to spend the day with colleagues at #FNCE http://t.co/6o2q8UVF7N 3 years ago
- Change is in the air. #HolisticCannabis booth 28 at #FNCE & talk on #marijuana + #cancer 3 years ago
- Vanessa Carr loves the #HolisticCannabis Network! #FNCE booth 28 http://t.co/EYq0DxY7ev 3 years ago
- #FNCE visit #HolisticCannabis booth 28 for a chance to win a medical #marijuana cookbook. 3 years ago
- RT @LizWeiss: #HolisticCannabis Network aims to empower dietitians about medical marajuana #fnce with @lauralagano http://t.co/4nkiteUkaN 3 years ago
- #FNCE Stop by the #HolisticCannabis Network booth 28 to learn about training for RDNs toward a Holistic Medical Cannabis Coach! 3 years ago