When my older daughter was 10 (I’m guessing), she said, “Mommy, I have something to ask you. I want you to tell me the truth.” Okay. “Is there any such thing as Santa Claus?” I answered her truthfully. Her response, “You’re lying.” Once again I am faced with a child and the reality of Santa. But the difference is that this child, Isabella, still believes in Santa. She’s 13. She needs to be told. Many children with learning challenges are exceptionally gullible. Often adults need to step in to set things right. No parent wants to see her child being taken advantage of. It really stings. So one day in the car recently Isabella mentioned something about Santa. I just came out and told her. She took it well. She didn’t say that I was lying. A few days later she mentioned Santa again. I reminded her about the truth. Yes, she remembered our conversation, but she was worried. Would she still receive presents under the tree if there was no Santa. Ah, perhaps the reason why some children believe for so long. Now that’s thinking!
- Athletic Endeavors Behavior & Learning Camp Family Food Freindships Genetics Gluten-free Growing Up Happiness Hygiene independence Language Learning Letting Go Parenting Recipes School Self-Confidence Set Backs Sibings Socializing Special Needs Support for parents Testing The future Traveling Treatments Uncategorized What other people say
Find it now!
Tag, You’re It!ADHD ADLs away from home baking behavior bike riding birthdays careers ceremonies dancing disappointment drinking family fashion Feingold Association Food friendships Gluten-free hair Halloween independence it takes a village junk food karma learning disabilities learning style listening mother on the edge nutrition relationships restaurants Santa School singing sisters Special Needs success swimming Temple Grandin Testing therapies twins visual learner
- RT @holisticannabis: Had the pleasure of speaking with Leonard Marshall of the #NYGiants at the #CWCBExpo last week! #cannabis #mmot https:… 3 years ago
- So excited to hear about the talk! twitter.com/holisticannabi… 3 years ago
- RT @holisticannabis: In the past 14 years, the number of #medicalmarijuana patients in the U.S. has grown from 30,000 to 2.5 million. - @wo… 3 years ago
- N.J.'s newest medicinal marijuana dispensary offers patients another option s.nj.com/kyqq18C via @njdotcom 4 years ago
- #HolisticCannabis founders @lauralagano @donnashields so honored to spend the day with colleagues at #FNCE http://t.co/6o2q8UVF7N 4 years ago
- Change is in the air. #HolisticCannabis booth 28 at #FNCE & talk on #marijuana + #cancer 4 years ago
- Vanessa Carr loves the #HolisticCannabis Network! #FNCE booth 28 http://t.co/EYq0DxY7ev 4 years ago
- #FNCE visit #HolisticCannabis booth 28 for a chance to win a medical #marijuana cookbook. 4 years ago
- RT @LizWeiss: #HolisticCannabis Network aims to empower dietitians about medical marajuana #fnce with @lauralagano http://t.co/4nkiteUkaN 4 years ago
- #FNCE Stop by the #HolisticCannabis Network booth 28 to learn about training for RDNs toward a Holistic Medical Cannabis Coach! 4 years ago