Our family was invited to a swank bat mitzvah, which was more like a wedding. The music involved a DJ, a host, and several entourage people whose job it was to get the guests on the dance floor. The moms did not need these dance wranglers, nor did Isabella. She perched herself above the floor by the DJ. She was clearly having fun. I got a pang as I watched her contemporaries dance together even though she was the only one really dancing. They were jumping in a mitzvah mosh pit. I longed for a brother-sister act. Will that ever happen? Victoria, the 15-year-old, is embarrassed by me at all times, deeming me unfit for the dance floor. Zachary barely to speaks to us at these events or his sisters. Are these normal behaviors for teenagers? Isabella wants to dance with me. She talks to her father and other adults. It’s as if we have one child. This sounds rather sad. I’d rather feel as if I had zero children at social events. That’s normal.
- Athletic Endeavors Behavior & Learning Camp Family Food Freindships Genetics Gluten-free Growing Up Happiness Hygiene independence Language Learning Letting Go Parenting Recipes School Self-Confidence Set Backs Sibings Socializing Special Needs Support for parents Testing The future Traveling Treatments Uncategorized What other people say
Find it now!
Tag, You’re It!ADHD ADLs away from home baking behavior bike riding birthdays careers ceremonies dancing disappointment drinking family fashion Feingold Association Food friendships Gluten-free hair Halloween independence it takes a village junk food karma learning disabilities learning style listening mother on the edge nutrition relationships restaurants Santa School singing sisters Special Needs success swimming Temple Grandin Testing therapies twins visual learner
- Looking to Genes for the Secret to Happiness nyti.ms/1f6g8EZ 3 months ago
- Study finds depressed mothers more likely to have overweight children. Why is it always about the mother! nyti.ms/12ZZrrZ 4 months ago
- Bridezillas - Top Three Foods That Will Boost Your Mood – WE tv wetv.com/bridezillas/ar… via @WEtv 5 months ago
- My sweet potato, quinoa, & red cabbage salads at the Village TeaRoom in New Paltz are #slowfood standouts. 9 months ago
- Enjoying a colorful #vegan lunch at Village TeaRoom in New Paltz with my big girl Victoria. 9 months ago
- #tcfood thank you to the original TC policy luminaries - Isobel Contento, Joan Dye Gussow & Toni Liquori 9 months ago
- 245,000 stores process food stamps via the SNAP. Most are supermarkets; we need more small shops Says USDA's Kevin Concannon #tcfood 9 months ago
- RT @CoryBooker: RT @SlowFoodUSA: Food movement "needs to ignite consciousness of the country" to solve food & farming issuesz Cory B ... 9 months ago
- RT @SlowFoodUSA: "Urban ag has arrived. We can create jobs that lead to middle class lives" @Scottmstringer #tcfood 9 months ago
- The guy who oversees SNAP WIC & every fed food pgm - USDA's Kevin Concannon at #tcfood 9 months ago